1. A question begging an answer centers on whether violence is more directly related to the innate characteristic of human being or whether it is simply a manifestation of the ills of society. Determining the answer will be far from an easy proposition, but is nonetheless one that deserves careful and deliberate consideration.
2. from the standpoint of success, a good work ethic is no less important than an education. Success does, in fact, depend on the total integration of both aspects.
3. The growing trend for wives to work outside the home even when their husbands are present and employed is in part a sharing of the financial burden with the husband , and in part a reflection of the need these women feel to have a measurable sense of personal worth .
4. Just as honor is a prerequisite for respectability, so is unblemished character a barometer of integrity.
5. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the same is true for both the appreciation of art and music.
6. The direct correlation between self-esteem and success also applies to one's ability to achieve.
7. Improving the plight of teachers is indeed a priority item. However, improving the overall education system is likewise no less important.
8. China and United States share many things in common. Firstly, both are major world powers. Secondly, the two nations offer mutually beneficial factors for development—China with its vast potential market and labor force, and the U.S. with its advanced technology and management expertise.
9. The shaky truce in the Middle East bears little resemblance to the realization of ultimate peace.
10. Idleness spawns discontent, whereas overwork leads to mental and physical exhaustion.