Part B: Listening Comprehension
1. Betty said she was hoping to be promoted to assistant manager of the company, but when she had the chance, she turned it down.
2. As far as I know, Ellen’s father was not happy when she decided to quit her job and study abroad.
3. At the end of the two-day meeting, the chairman of the committee declared that the motion was carried by a majority of 6 to 1.
4. Sorry, I can’t talk to you about your investment scheme right now, I’m having a meeting in a few minutes. What about tomorrow morning at 10 o’clock?
5. This type of video camera that used to cost 700 dollars in 1999 now costs 350 dollars or less on Christmas when it is on sale.
6. I think we should put everyone in our office overtime or we have to rearrange the schedule to make up the lost time.
7. Since so many people want to use the terminals and only twenty computers are available, we are limiting everybody to a maximum of 5 hours per week.
8. The expansion of trade has widened the gap between the rich who live on the cutting edge of the economy and the poor who live on the knives edge of survival.
9. We will try our best to reach the target set by the top management, come what may, we will double our sales figure this year.
10. Because airliners often sell too many tickets for flight and are routinely overbooked, some unlucky passengers are bumped and asked to reschedule on a later flight.
中口0309听力原文 PartB:ListeningComprehension Statements 1.Bettysaidshewashopingtobepromotedtoassistantmanagerofthecompany,butwhenshehadthechance,sheturneditdown. 2.AsfarasIknow,Ellen’sfather...