1. Most people can’t get __ the day without at least one cup of tea or coffee.
A on B through C over D by
2. You’d better look at the difficulty ___.
A the other way B by the other way C another way D by another way
3. From time to time, there have been ___ demands that the basic wage be increased.
A insistent B persistent C consistent D resistant
4. The purpose of the survey was to ___the inspectors with local conditions.
A inform B notify C instruct D acquaint
5. She has taken great pains to conceal her emotions, and thereby made them __ conspicuous.
A all the more B all the much C all more D all much
1. 选 B。
get through度过，用完，挨过Facing it, always facing it, that’s the way to get through. Face it.
Get over克服，从（病、损失等）中恢复过来Sooner or later you will get over the shock.
Get by维持生活，度日After the police caught the murder, the villagers were able to get by in security once more.
Another way用另一种方法You can conduct your business affairs another way
The persistent ringing of the telephone annoyed me.
Consistent坚固的，坚实的，一致的，始终如一的His actions are always consistent with his words.
4.选D。acquaint with使认识，使了解To be acquainted with the merit of a ministry, we need only observe the condition of the people.
Notify含有情况紧急，需要立即采取 行动或及早答复的意思 notify sb of sth
I’ll notify my lawyer of the contract.
Instruct教育，指导，讲授，通知Wise men are instructed by reason; men of less understanding by experience; the most ignorant by necessity; and beats by nature.
5.选A all the more后跟形容词 ，表“愈加，越发”Learning makes a man wise, but a fool is made all the more foolish by it.
1.Mostpeoplecan’tget__thedaywithoutatleastonecupofteaorcoffee. AonBthroughCoverDby 2.You’dbetterlookatthedifficulty___. AtheotherwayBbytheotherwayCanotherwayDbyanotherway 3.Fromtimetot...