1.Onceyougettoknowyourmistakes,youshould_____themassoonaspossible.A.rectifyB.reclaimC.refrainD.reckon[CET-6,2001,1]2.We’llbeverycarefulandkeepwhatyou’vetoldusstrictly_____.A.privateB.rigorousC.myste...1. Once you get to know your mistakes, you should _____them as soon as possible.
A. rectify B. reclaim C. refrain D. reckon
2. We’ll be very careful and keep what you’ve told us strictly _____.
A. private B. rigorous C. mysterious D. confidential
3. Before every Board meeting, it is customary for the ______ of the previous meeting to be read out.
A. minutes B. precis C. notes D. protocol
4. He was barred from the club for refusing to _____with the rules.
A. conform B. abide C. adhere D. comply
5. The girl was ________ a shop assistant; she is now a manager in a large department store.
A. presumably B. preliminarily C. formally D. formerly
6. Although the heavy rain stopped, it was at least an hour later that the flood began to _____.
A. retire B. recede C. recline D. retreat
7. That ancient car of his is a ________ joke among his friends.
A. steady B. standing C. settled D. stable
8. Whether their football team will win is a matter of _______ to me.
A. discrimination B. deviation
C. indifference D. interests
9. They threw petrol onto the bonfire and the sudden _______ lit up the whole garden.
A. glow B. twinkle C.spark D. flare
10. He answers questions about how to keep _____ meats from becoming tough when braising.
A. tender B. vulgar C. mild D. frail
11. The original elections were declared _____ by the former military ruler.
A. void B. vulgar C. surplus D. extravagant
12. In the blazing heat of midday, the dog lay by the side of the boad,its mouth open _______.
A. yawning B. panting &nb