Susan：Hi, David, getting ready for a vacation in the States?
David: Hello, Susan. Oh, yes, I’m just checking with my baggage.
Susan: You must be very excited about it. Where are you visiting in the States?
David: Los Angeles. Our headquarter is there.
Susan: Have you ever been there before?
David: No, never. This is my first time.
Susan: Are you gonna visit New York?
David: Yes, I’ll spend a couple of days there too.
Susan: Have you gotten your plane tickets yet?
David: Yes, it’s right in the envelope over there.
Susan: You already made a hotel reservation?
David: Yes, a single room.
Susan: And your passport and visa?
David: All settled.
David: Incidentally, is there anything you want me to get for you in the states?
Susan: That’s very kind of you. But no, thanks.
David: OK, then can you do me a favor?
David: Can you water my plants and take care of my cat?
Susan: Sure, I’ll even talk to them every morning like you do.
1. 这段对话讲的是David正在准备去美国的旅行。里面提到了一些旅行前需要准备的事情。首先要检查行李，看看东西都带齐了吗。（I’m checking with my baggage.）check with something 检查某物。例如： Check with the gas before you go out. 出门前检查一下煤气有没有关好。
2. baggage表示行李，但是它的范围就比suitcase 大了，包括旅行袋、 包裹等等，和她差不多的还有luggage这个词，不过美语当中baggage用的多一些。
3. 行李检查好了，再看看机票在没在手里。（Have you gotten your plane ticket？）plane ticket 机票，往往要提前几天预订，如果赶上旅游旺季还要提前几个月预订.
4. Susan 问David酒店房间预定好了没有，(You already made a hotel reservation?) make a reservation 预订/定位子。 例如: Peter made a dinner reservation for 6:00 p.m. on Friday. 彼得定了周五晚上六点吃饭的位子。
(1) I have (never) been to.../here/there before. Have you ever been to.../here/ there before?
例如： Have you ever been to Paris before? 你以前去过巴黎吗？
Yes, I’ve been there twice.去过两次了。 / No, never. 从来没去过。
(2) this is the first time I have been in.../here/there.
这是说我第一次到...， 用现在完成时。也可以说好多次，就是把first换成second third，等序数词就行了。或者夸张一点说，This is the thousandth time I have been there! 对话里把后面的现在完成时省略掉了。